Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update II

We're back in the Merkaz Klitah for now while we negotiate our lease. We need to finalize that and sign it. Then we can complete our application for the Nefesh B'Nefesh Go North Initiative (lots of perks) AND finalize taking delivery of our lift.

In the meantime, our drains are all overflowing. Well, just two of them. The shower is annoying, as the bathroom quickly becomes a bathtub. The kitchen is worse. The kitchen sink drain never worked well. We've had maintenance come several times. It only helps of a week or so, and even when they fix it, it's still slow. The one time I tried Drano it seemed to make it worse. Now we're just biding our time until we move.

Knock knock:
Netanel got into knock knock jokes back in the U.S. before we make Aliyah. I think it's cute. It's even cuter that Odeliya is not also trying to tell them. She doesn't quite get the concept. She'll say "knock knock" to which we respond "who's there?" She says someone's name, like "Wana" (this is her new aunt). When we say "Elana who?" she replies "Wanaaaa" in a funny voice, to make it a joke. I guess she'll catch on eventually.

Over the past month we have been meeting people from different places. In Katamon two Shabbatot ago I met someone living in a new Yishuv in Gush Etzion. He tried recruiting me there. We also met people from Keshet and Chispin. They all enticed us come check out their towns. The entire city of Katzrin has been working to facilitate our getting there, fromt he city council on down. I kind of like the feeling of being sought after and recruited.

This past Monday, when we went up to check out Katzrin and meet withthe vaad klitah in Yonatan, we stopped in the makolet Yonatan on our way out. We got a big welcome there. We also saw the organic peanut butter we like. We haven't seen it in Yerushalaim since Pesach. Also missing from Yerushalaim were the cheese flavored Cheeots (Ayelet's vice). We had to drive to the Golan to get these basic foods.

Here is another benefit to living in the Golan. Besides the sheer beauty and general attitude. The Golan had Mei Eden on tap. The water that people pay 6 shekel a bootle for comes out of the tap and is used for showering. It tastes really good too.

I know I'm going out of order here, but a lot has been going on and I can't think that hard. This past Shabbat I was walking with the kids from the Pinat Chai (a little zoo the city operates for the kids) to our friends for seuda shlishit. On the way Netanel walked too close to the growth next tot he road and brushed one of those plants with flowers that have big prickles. He got hurt and his immediate comment was, "Hashem shouldn't have made them." I explained that Hashem made that plant for a purpose, but I thought is was a very clever way of thinking.

Lastly, after our Monday trip to the Golan for our meeting witht e vaad klitah I got a really bad cold. I spent Wedneday in bed. Now, a week later I am still fighting the congestion and runny nose, with some of the other lingering affects. I don't usually get sick. I wonder what my block is. What am I afraid of in this whole process? Why is my sub-conscious letting me get sick when I need to be clear and focused and active? There is lots on my mind and much to sort out, but being sick doesn't help. I am so excited for the move for so many reasons. How can I get rid of these fears?

Thanks for letting me share and vent. Soon we'll have pictures of the Golan and our house to share as well.

Sending out good wishes and good vibes,
Yoram

No comments: