Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Hot In Here

Jerusalem is hot these days. It's too hot and sunny outside to spend too much time. Especially with young children. Also, we don't want to buy lots of sun screen because it is actually prohibitively expensive. And we have tubes and tubes of the stuff in our lift. But it's also hot inside, at least in our room. So we keep the windows open during the day and we manage. We try to go out and do stuff, and we come home and relax (or the kids relax while Ayelet and I try to get some work done). But our apt. doesn't cool down enough at night, like most of the city does. Maybe it's because we need to keep the window closed. Screen are apparently a luxury here, and our windows don't have them. So if the windows are open and the lights on at night every bug will swarm inside and bother us. It's quite icky. Anyway, we are looking forward to a house with screens.

I have decided that the cold I had last week is gone. The only symptoms left are allergy symptoms. I never had bad allergies in the U.S. so maybe the different plants here are affecting me. My case is annoying, but not really bad. I am trying honey. I've heard that local, raw honey is good for allergies becaue the pollen in the honey will give your body a good chance at building an immunity to the allergens. I hope this clear up soon.

In other news, I have officially re-launched my efficiency business. I am looking for businesses and individuals to help get more organized. I can help you stream-line procedures and find ways to be more productive. You can contact me at yoram@efficientandorganized.com or go to my website www.efficientandorganized.com.

Also, I am working on a new business with Barbara, another olah from the merkaz klitah. More details are coming soon, but we are looking to help start-ups start-up. Stay tuned for the big announcement.

Ayelet is doing well. The heat is making the pregnancy tough and it doesn't help that the baby is really active. the kids are having fun. It's tough not having them in gan, but we've developed some routine. We daven every morning and Netane's reading is getting better with practce. Odeliya has accepted the heat by refusing to wear clothes. She spent most of today in a diaper, after removing her clothes by herself. Of course she also went to the closet to pick the cloths she wasn't going to wear.

That's pretty much it for now. Lots going on faster than I can handle. But it's all positive, so it will all go well. With God's help we'll be settled and more comfortable soon.

Until next time,
Yoram

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Just wondering why no one commented when you asked them to. Identify yourselves people!
(You already knew I was reading)