Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Less than 2 weeks to go - nervous rambling

Wow. A week and a half until the flight. 4 days until they pick up the lift. Aaaaaah! I find myself fighting feelings of anxiety and overwhelmingness. My parents have been helping tremendously with the packing. The lift will be ready to go by Friday. We're using Strand for 2 reasons: they came out to do an estimate of the volume and they take payment at delivery, not at pickup. We were also working with Dolphin. They are also very professional, but it didn't work out for us. Besides all the packing I am anxious about all the administrative stuff that needs resolution; all the services, utilities, bills, loans, etc that need to be resolved. Ideally we will sell our house and close all open accounts. Yeah, if you want to be really helpful, please manifest that for us.

Tomorrow is our Summary of Process meeting at the Jewish Agency. There will get some more information about luggage and the immediate after arrival process. That should also help set my mind at ease. Then I can focus on how to use our 12 pieces of luggage. We're taking lots of clothes, toys, linens, some sort of beds, some pots and dishes. What else do we need?

On the cute side, here is a conversation I had with Netanel (he's 4 and a half). We were listing the various good-bye/Chanuka parties planned for us. Then I told him that there would also be a party for us in Israel, a welcome party. He said, "A welcome home party?" He's got the right attitude. But then again, he always did.

No comments: